There are thousands of sites out there for property investors and professionals. These are just some of our favourites:
1. Zoopla. There’s been a big shake up in the property portal world this year so we’ve oooed and arrghed over this one. We still like Rightmove and OnTheMarket a lot but, overall, Zoopla is the one we like the best. Not just for the sales and lettings listings but for the insightful sale/rental price data and market stats in Zed-Index.
2. Letting Focus by David Lawrenson. Down to earth, good old fashioned common sense on the UK buy to let business – even if it’s not always what you’d like to hear. Sometimes we have a sly giggle at David’s droll posts ….. then we release that what he’s saying is absolutely.spot.on.
David’s Book, Successful Property Letting is recommended reading too!
Website: Letting Focus
3. Landlordzone. There are dozens of sites all of which claim to be the place to go for news and information for landlords. Landlordzone isn’t the newest and isn’t the fanciest but for the most relevant information all presented in an easy to read format we think it takes a lot of beating.
4. Property Investor News. Now, maybe Insider is just a teeny weeny bit biased here as we do, it has to be said, contribute to this site. But truly discerning private investors who want absolutely top drawer research and analysis on what to invest in and where need look no further than PIN.
Website: Property Investor News
5. The House Crowd. The House Crowd isn’t, like other crowdfunding sites, a place where you can lend, but one where you can invest, and in bite sized chunks. Crowdfunding is something that’s only going to get bigger in the wider business world and it’s hard to see there won’t be room for it in property too.
Website: The House Crowd
6. PIE Mag. This one is something of an undiscovered gem as it seems to be hardly known in the UK but, Insider thinks, really does deserve more recognition. Fancy casting your net a little wider and investing in European property? Property Investor Europe will provide the intelligence you need.
Website: Property Investor Europe
7. Auction House. One day, all property auction sites will be as user-friendly and easy to use as Auction House. It makes sniffing out potential good buys almost fun (should work ever be good fun?). And even when we’re not looking to buy, it’s great for snooping on some of the real houses of horror (ermm we mean opportunities) that go under the hammer too.
Website: Auction House
What do you think? Do you agree with our recommendations …. or totally disagree with them? Drop us an email and let us know. Insider always loves to hear your feedback.
Do you run a property site? Insider never gets tired of running the rule over new property sites that investors and professionals might find useful. So if you run a property investment related site drop us an email and let us know. If we like what you’re doing and the way you’re doing it we’ll be glad to include your site in our next issue.